Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kseniya Simonova: Now she really does "got" talent

Thanks to my friend, Gosia, I was treated to an unexpected treat this evening. She sent a link to the following video out to some of us on her email list. I clicked to YouTube and within 10 seconds I was hooked.

Many of you may have already seen this video from Kseniya Simonova. She was on Ukraine's Got Talent and does she ever. She's 24 and created a series of sand pictures which depicted German's invasion during World War II.

I think it is amazing and in this day of short attention spans; I managed to watch for the whole 8 minutes. I would encourage you to do the same.

1 comment:

Ere said...

Finally had time to watch this. Wow. Your post doesn't mention that she is not just painting in sand, she is telling her country's sad history in this clip; it is so moving and sad.

I have never seen anything like this-- how did she ever figure out that she can do it? It's beautiful. Like theatre and dance and performance art, all at the same time.