Thursday, February 17, 2005
Meanwhile, I did accomplish an unwritten goal. We launched Rodwellian Theatre. Starting last night, we had our first official Rodwellian Theatre night. Napoleon Dynamite and Saddest Music in the World were on the roster. Thanks to the die-hard - Matthew - for staying for both showings.
Stay tuned for next month's presentation. Remember, it is the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7pm. We will feature one presentation from "the vault" and will take requests for the other. Please post requests.
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
My job is so crazy at the moment that I feel scared by the prospect of making daily personal objectives. It is that whole public accountability thing. But this is the point, right?
Tuesday was incredibly productive because I managed to do accomplish all these unnamed objectives - take my word.
Actually, I did attend a workshop last night on Arts Grant Writing for Film Artistes. Yes, this is an Arts Grant so it better be very arty. Remember that. Jonathan is confident that given his time at art school he can say the right thing and morph in to the ARTISTE. It was very interesting and I still can't believe I sat for 4 hours without saying anything. Get up off the floor. It isn't unheard of just unlikely.
Ok so where is the long task list? No that is a work thing. Let me publicly put down a few small objectives for the rest of the week:
- Ensure the painters come and fix the wall I tried painting (my role in that is to get Jonathan to call them - hee hee)
- Read another installment of the Diary - finish July 1955. I'm still waiting for the sex and drugs
- Try felting my newly knitted armbands. Doesn't that sound beautiful?
- Workout at least 1 time (as I said make them attainable)
Monday, January 31, 2005
- Yoga - I managed to get there. However, I ended up going to a different space - the Yoga Space - in fact because I had missed the class at Downward Dog. I highly recommend the Flow class at the Yoga Space. It was wonderful
- Diary Reading - Fascinating. You might understand this if you are getting any pleasure from reading this. I only managed to read up until June 18th, 1955. So far lots of crazy drunken nights which are laced with young British men trying to woo these young Canadian girls. So, I guess I get A for effort but still have a long way to go.
- Clothes Rack - This was probably the easiest of my objectives but it has yet to be filled with the clothes that are still in the extra bedroom. Eventually, young Nick from England will get some space in the cupboard
FROZEN FINGERS. No, it isn't a new summer orange-flavoured treat. It's the state of my fingers today from the short walk to the street car and commute to work. Eventually my 'swearing' finger will thaw. For now others may think I'm rude.
Oh, if anyone can help me put links on this blog. I would greatly appreciate it. I can't figure out how to add links to other cool sites and blogs. So, since I can't on the side bar I'll just tell you that if you want to see a very innovative design website - visit Jonathan's here.
Sunday, January 30, 2005
* Yoga Class (you think that sounds easy? Well it has been 4 months since I've exercised regularly. The snow really has slown me down)
* Read Peggy's diary. She is one of the women about whom Jonathan's documentary is going to be about. I will read it and find out what really happened on the trip around Europe in 1955 (4 young women in a cab). I'm sure there will be lots of cool adventures.
* Bring up the clothes rack from the basement and transfer my clothes from our extra room to the back storage space. Nick, Jonathan's cousin, has arrived and he needs some space for his stuff.
That's it for today. A good start.