J redeemed himself after the disaster with the risotto at our last dinner party (Oct. 30, 2005). I'm happy to say both our Barbeque and J's menu was a success (ed: just read to J and he wanted me to say a smashing success). We had :
- Starter: rocket (arugula in Canada), pear and goat cheese salad with walnut & orange juice dressing
- Main: salmon with lime-ginger butter sauce OR
- Barbequed chicken marinated in sundried tomato and basil marinade on a bed of greens
- Served with: mango and cilantro salsa
- Dessert: we cheated. We bought GU desserts (yum yum) plus baclava which E&M brought
Unfortunately, I didn't have my wits about me at the end of the night to take an "after" shot. That would have told the story better. Suffice it to say we all enjoyed ourselves. It turns out that we didn't really need the "table talk" questions I hid in each person's napkins -- but they did add a good twist in to the conversation.
Here's a few for blog participation:
- Do you collect anything? ... of couse I said I used to collect smurfs (here's proof)
- What was your childhood ambition? ... of course anyone who knows me knows what that was.
- From which famous person would you most like to receive a massage (this one somehow seemed to be the one with most debate --especially between the couples)