Monday, December 01, 2008

Dear Santa, I'm making my list

I know I'm supposed to be buying everyone gifts and not thinking about what I MIGHT like. However, I'm often asked what I want for Christmas. Well actually, it is usually just my Mom. So I thought I would create a post that I can update as I think of ideas. In fact, I might keep this list way in to the new year to remind me what I need

Don't worry I'll be busy buying little gifts too. So, to get what you really want be sure to tell this Santa what you would like -- post in comments.

Now for me:
  • black socks (and other colours too). It may seem boring but I need them. **update: my MOM and Aunt Kathy bought me some - yay!

  • donations to Wen-Do or any legitimate charity with a special focus on women and girls' lives around the world.
  • a cashmere shawl - I'm not sure what colour but I want a really soft and fuzzy cashmere shawl. I'm thinking burgundy, gray or even fuscia. (I need to keep warm at work)
  • scales for our kitchen - this is really for J as he does the cooking. In the UK, they use grams rather than cups and sometimes we are really at a loss as to how much chocolate we need to put in to our desserts
  • acrylic shoe boxes - last year J bought me 12 of these for Christmas. I loved them but I've been busy buying more shoes and need more boxes


  • The Wire - Season 5. Have you heard I'm totally addicted. I've been holding out from watching the last season as I don't want it to end. Oh well, Lost is coming up soon. [ed. Yes, it's true. I got season 5 for Christmas. Whoohoo! The season will start Jan. 5th]
  • A bell for my bike. I think this one is kind of cute but I just want it to work. Update: I just bought a new bike bell at sportsdirect for £0.99 at the Boxing Week Sales.
  • Non-stick frying pan - again this one is for J. I made some pancakes this morning and realized it is high time for a replacement We just picked up one at Home Base. Wow, what a difference!
  • Plastic Spatula - J again. We keep wrecking our frying pan with our metal flipper.
    J got it from me for Xmas, but we still need a new frying pan Not anymore see prior comment.

Well as you can see I'm finding this incredibly easy. Why can't my nieces and nephews provide me with a list of what they want. I keep asking and they say "nothing". I don't believe it. Do you? What would you like? Do tell and don't be shy.

..

2 comments:

tianfei said...

love the shoe box too!!! is it for sale online? ping me the link pls JL - haha this is a good combination, shall i call you two JL going forward ;)

Anonymous said...

oh shoot!! i wish i had seen this earlier-
:) it was so great to see so much of you this visit! you are so fun to hang out with-